Better doctors, better patients, better decisions : envisioning health care 2020 / edited by Gerd Gigerenzer and J. A. Muir Gray
- Conference Author:
- Ernst Strüngmann Forum (2009 : Frankfurt am Main, Germany)
- Cambridge, MA : MIT Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 391 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Gigerenzer, Gerd and Gray, J. A. Muir (John Armstrong Muir)
- Health literacy : is the patient the problem? -- Launching the century of the patient / Gerd Gigerenzer and J.A. Muir Gray -- When misinformed patients try to make informed health decisions / Wolfgang Gaissmaier and Gerd Gigerenzer -- Reducing unwarranted variation in clinical practice by supporting clinicians and patients in decision making / Albert G. Mulley, Jr., and John E. Wennberg -- Do patients want shared decision making and how is this measured? / Martin Härter and Daniela Simon -- Health illiteracy : roots in research -- Health research agendas and funding / David E. Nelson -- Reporting of research : are we in for better health care by 2020? / Holger Schünemann, Davina Ghersi, Julia Kreis, Gerd Antes, and Jean Bousquet -- Medical journals can be less biased / J.A. Muir Gray -- What is needed for better health care : better systems, better patients or both? / Markus A. Feufel, Gerd Antes, Johann Steurer, Gerd Gigerenzer, J.A. Muir Gray, Marjukka MÃñkelÃñ, Albert G. Mulley, Jr., David E. Nelson, Jay Schulkin, Holger Schanemann, John E. Wennberg, and Claudia Wild -- Health illiteracy : spread to the public -- Statistical illiteracy in doctors / Odette Wegwarth and Gerd Gigerenzer -- Statistical illiteracy in journalism : are its days numbered? / Bruce Bower -- Improving health care journalism / Holger Wormer -- Barriers to health information and building solutions / Talya Miron-Shatz, Ingrid Mahlhauser, Bruce Bower, Michael Diefenbach, Ben Goldacre, Richard S. W. Smith, David Spiegelhalter, and Odette Wegwarth -- Health care 2020 -- How can better evidence be delivered? / Norbert Donner-Banzhoff, Hilda Bastian, Angela Coulter, Glyn Elwyn, Gunther Jonitz, David Klemperer, and Wolf-Dieter Ludwig -- The drug facts box : making informed decisions about prescription drugs possible / Lisa M. Schwartz and Steven Woloshin -- Reengineering medical education / David A. Davis -- The chasm between evidence and practice : extent, causes, and remedies / Richard S.W. Smith -- The future of diagnostics : from optimizing to satisficing / Henry Brighton -- Direct-to-consumer advertising : status quo and suggestions to enhance the delivery of independent medication information / Wolf-Dieter Ludwig and Gisela Schott -- How will health care professionals and patients work together in 2020? : a manifesto for change / Ralph Hertwig, Heather Buchan, David A. Davis, Wolfgang Gaissmaier, Martin Härter, Kai Kolpatzik, France Légaré, Norbert Schmacke, and Holger Wormer.
- 9780262016032 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0262016036 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Papers presented at the Ernst Strüngmann Forum held in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, Oct. 25-30, 2009.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Endowment Note:
- Highmark Blue Shield Education Fund
View MARC record | catkey: 8738562