Leading the lean healthcare journey : driving culture change to increase value / [edited by] Joan Wellman, Pat Hagan, Howard Jeffries
- The continuous performance improvement (CPI) journey: a long and winding road / Patrick Hagan -- Creating high-powered healthcare improvement engines / Joan Wellman -- What we need most we can't buy: leadership and culture change engaging everyone in a patient-focused culture / Patrick Hagan and Cara Bailey -- Transforming doctors into change agents / Jeffrey Avansino, Ken Gow, and Darren Migita -- Clinician engagement: CPI applied in a not-so-touchy-feely environment / Bryan King, Ruth Benfield, and Debra Gumbardo -- Ending the paper chase in the operating room / Sally E. Rampersad and Lynn D. Martin -- 5S and demand flow: making room for continuous improvement / Charles Hodge and Devin Prenevost -- Developing and implementing pull system in the intensive care unit / Kristina H. Deeter and Jerry J. Zimmerman -- Delivering compassionate care through clinical standard work on rounds / Glen Tamura and Darren Migita -- Developing standardized inpatient care patients with asthma / Edward Carter and John Salyer -- Change that nourishes the organization: making the total parenteral nutrition (TPN) process safer / Polly Lenssen, Eric Harvey, and David L. Suskind -- Eliminating mistakes - and central line-associated bloodstream infections / Debra Ridling, Howard E. Jeffries, and Danielle Zerr -- Balancing the line in outpatient pharmacy / Steven D. Wanaka and Barb Marquardt -- Making the right call: the Everett clinic registration to cash value stream / Janeen Lambert and Iwalani Paquette -- Working hard to improve work flow in the lab / Bobbi J. Kochevar and Mark D. Schumann -- Rapid changeover in the operating room / Sean H. Flack and Lynn D. Martin -- CPI in basic and clinical research / Stephanie S. Axelord, F. Bruder Stapleton, and James Hendricks -- Integrated facility design at Seattle Children's Hospital / Michael Boyer, Lisa Brandenburg, and Joan Wellman -- Leading cost reductions in healthcare / Tamra Kaplan and Michael Boyer -- Back from the brink: the Jefferson Healthcare turnaround / John Nowak and Teresa Deason.
- "Blending case studies with practical theory, this book uniquely describes how the healthcare value proposition can be changed by reducing waste, variation, and complexity in healthcare. It reveals the leadership tenacity and culture change required to remove waste from healthcare processes and eliminate the root cause of soaring costs, poor quality and safety, and limited access. It provides practical, applicable advice alongside personal and organizational stories and case studies told by physician and administrative leaders, all students of the Toyota Production System"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781439828656 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
1439828652 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- MSHMC Value Improvement Library
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8739233