Integrative assessment : a guide for counselors / Andrew Gersten
- Gersten, Andrew
- Boston : Pearson, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xix, 412 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- The Merrill counseling series
- Introduction to psychological assessment -- Ethical and legal considerations : preparing for the assessment -- Interviewing adults and youth : principles, methods and skills -- Exploring presenting problems, readiness for change, and risks and resources -- Observations, inferences, and behavioral assessment -- Psychological tests and measurement concepts -- Reliability and validity -- Personality and interest measures -- Assessing psychopathology : mood and anxiety disorders -- Assessing children and adolescents : self-report and adult perspectives -- Comprehensive risk assessments : suicide and dangerousness to others -- Assessing substance use disorders -- Assessment of intellectual and cognitive abilities and achievement -- Assessing the therapeutic alliance -- Putting it all together.
- 9780135034859 (pbk.) and 013503485X (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 380-406) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8740889