The Feynman lectures on physics. V.17, Feynman on electrodynamics. V.18, Feynman on flow [sound recording].
- Feynman, Richard P. (Richard Phillips), 1918-1988
- Additional Titles:
- Feynman on electrodynamics and Feynman on flow
- [New York] : Basic Books ; [Pasadena] : California Institue of Technology, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 12 audio discs (approximately 12 hr.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Basic Books (Firm) and California Institute of Technology
- Vol. 17. Feynman on electrodynamics. disc 1: v. 2, ch. 22, AC circuits -- disc 2: v. 2, ch. 23, Cavity resonators -- disc 3: v. 2, ch. 24, Waveguides -- disc 4: v. 2, ch. 25, Electrodynamics in relativistic notation -- disc 5: v. 2, ch. 26, Lorentz transformations of the fields -- disc 6: v. 2, ch. 27, Field energy and field momentum -- Vol. 18. Feynman on flow. disc 1: v. 2, ch. 31, Tensors -- disc 2: v. 2, ch. 33, Reflection from surfaces -- disc 3: v. 2, ch. 37, Magnetic materials -- disc 4: v. 2, ch. 38, Elasticity -- disc 5: v. 2, ch. 40, The flow of dry water -- disc 6: v. 2, ch. 41, The flow of wet water.
- Today the Feynman Lectures are considered by many to be the best introductory set of lectures on Physics ever written. Feynman himself however stated in his original preface that he was "pessimistic" with regard to the success with which he reached all of his students. The Feynman lectures were written "to maintain the interest of very enthusiastic and rather smart students coming out of high schools and into Caltech." Feynman was targeting the lectures to students who, "at the end of two years of our previous course, [were] very discouraged because there were really very few grand, new, modern ideas presented to them." As a result, some physics students find the lectures more valuable after they obtain a good grasp of physics by studying more traditional texts. Many professional physicists refer to the lectures at various points in their careers to refresh their minds with regard to basic principles.
- 9780738209326 (v. 1718)
0738209325 (v. 1718)
- Compact disc.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Presented by Richard P. Feynman.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at Caltech, Jan. 10, 1963-April 8, 1963.
View MARC record | catkey: 8743048