The connected city : how networks are shaping the modern metropolis / Zachary P. Neal
- Neal, Zachary P.
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2013.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 255 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- The metropolis and modern life
- Introduction: why cities? : why networks? -- Micro-urban networks : networks within cities -- Community : lost or found -- Subculture : finding your crowd in a crowd -- Politics : we don't want nobody nobody sent -- Meso-urban networks : cities as networks -- Form : getting from here to there -- Function : working together -- Macro-urban networks : networks of cities -- Regional : from city to metropolis -- National : the real action is between cities -- Global : nylon holds the world together -- Conclusion: the new science of urban networks -- Notes -- References and suggested reading -- Index.
- 9780415881418 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 216-252) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8744654