Educational attainments : issues and outcomes in multicultural education / edited by Gajendra Verma and Peter Pumfrey
- London ; New York : Falmer Press, 1988.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 180 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Verma, Gajendra K., Pumfrey, Peter D. (Peter David), British Psychological Society. Division of Educational and Child Psychology. Committee, University of Bradford. International Centre for Intercultural Studies, and University of Manchester. Centre for Educational Guidance and Special Needs
- Issues in multicultural education / Gajendra Verma -- Monitoring the reading attainments of children from minority ethnic groups / Peter Pumfrey -- Developing bilingual children's English in school / Tony Kerr and Martin Desforges -- Racism awareness / Peter Pumfrey -- The Swann report and the ethnic minority attainment / Bhikhu Parekh -- Policies and promising practices in education / Peter Newsam -- West Indian and Asian children's educational attainment / N.J. Mackintosh, C.G. Mascie-Taylor, and A.M. West -- Education achievement of ethnic minority children in a Midlands town / John R. Roberts -- Black pupil's progress in secondary school / Barbara Maughan and Graham Dunn -- Inner city adolescents / Ann Dawson -- Self-esteem and education achievement in British young South Asians / Gajendra Verma and Kanka Mallick -- The Brent inquiry / Jocelyn Barrow.
- Papers from four symposia, two which were sponsored by the Committee of the Division of Educational and Child Psychology of the British Psychological Society, one sponsored by the International Centre for Intercultural Studies of the University of Bradford, and the other sponsored by the Centre for Educational Guidance and Special Needs of the University of Manchester.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographies and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 881228