Doris Duke's Shangri La : a house in paradise : architecture, landscape and Islamic art / edited by Thomas Mellins and Donald Albrecht ; foreword by Deborah Pope ; essays by Linda Komaroff [and others] ; organized by the Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art ; principal photography by Tim Street-Porter
- Additional Titles:
- Shangri La
- New York : Skira Rizzoli, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 216 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 32 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Mellins, Thomas, Albrecht, Donald, Pope, Deborah, Komaroff, Linda, 1953-, Street-Porter, Tim, and Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art
- Shangri La / Tim Street-Porter -- Doris Duke and the Islamic art collecting tradition / Linda Komaroff -- Commissioning on the move: the Cromwells' travels and patronage of "living traditions" in India, Morocco and Iran / Keelan Overton -- Collecting for design: Islamic art at Doris Duke's Shangri La / Sharon Littlefield Tomlinson -- Islamic art: selected objects from Shangri La -- Inventive synthesis: the architecture and design of Shangri La / Thomas Mellins and Donald Albrecht -- Contemporary artists respond to Shangri La.
- Catalog of a traveling exhibition held at seven U.S. locations, Sept. 7, 2012-July 5, 2015.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 8874666