The evolving citizen : American youth and the changing norms of democratic engagement / Jay P. Childers
- Childers, Jay P., 1974-
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 220 pages ; 24 cm.
- Rhetoric and democratic deliberation
- American youth: who they are and why they matter -- American high school: teenagers and scholastic journalism -- Dislocated cosmopolitans -- Removed volunteers -- Protective critics -- Independent joiners -- American evolution, democratic engagement, and civic education.
- "Examines, through an analysis of seven high school newspapers, the evolution of civic and political participation among young people in the United States since 1965"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780271054117 (cloth : alk. paper)
0271054115 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8875596