Darwinistas! [electronic resource] : the construction of evolutionary thought in nineteenth century Argentina / Alex Levine, Adriana Novoa
- History of science and medicine library, 1872-0684 ; v. 27
Scientific and learned cultures and their institutions ; v. 5
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Darwin in Argentina -- Conflicting Systems -- Francisco Javier Muniz (1795-1871) -- Hermann Burmeister (1807-1891) -- Francisco P. Moreno (1852-1919) -- Domingo F. Sarmiento (1811-1888) -- Eduardo Holmberg (1852-1937) -- Florentino Ameghino (1854-1911) -- Jose Ingenieros (1877-1925) -- Carlos Octavio Bunge (1875-1918).
- After setting out the intellectual, cultural, and political context of the reception of Darwinism in Argentina, this book presents original translations of central texts in that reception, most of which have never before appeared in English.
- 9789004221925 (electronic book)
9004221921 (electronic book)
- Companion volume to: From man to ape : Darwinism in Argentina, 1870-1920. c2010.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8876529