A wider Trecento [electronic resource] : studies in 13th- and 14th-century European art presented to Julian Gardner / edited by Louise Bourdua, Robert Gibbs
- Additional Titles:
- Studies in 13th- and 14th-century European art presented to Julian Gardner
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxxii, 213 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Gardner, Julian, Bourdua, Louise, 1962-, and Gibbs, Robert
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Signifying Absence: Experiencing Monochrome Imagery in Medieval Painting / Jill Bain -- 2.A Possible Colonna Family Stemma in the Church of Santa Prassede, Rome / John Osborne -- 3.Small Worlds: The Orbs in the Westminster Retable and the Wilton Diptych / Dillian Gordon -- 4.Duccio and Devotion to the Virgin's Foot in Early Sienese Painting / Joanna Cannon -- 5.A Royal Gift from Paris to Assisi: The Evolution of Design and Iconography circa 1300 / Virginia Glenn -- 6.The Original Setting and Historical Context of the Fourteenth-Century `Anthropomorphic Trinity' of the Museo di Roma at Palazzo Braschi / Claudia Bolgia -- 7.Patronising Poverty: Devotional Imagery and the Franciscan Spirituals in Romagna and the Marche / Jill Farquhar -- 8.Celebrating the Scholar and Teacher: The Tomb of Thomas Gallus at Sant'Andrea in Vercelli (Mid 14th Century) / Martina Schilling -- 9.Bartolomeo and Jacopino da Reggio's Brera Triptych: A Possible Source for Its Provenance / Roberto Cobianchi -- 10.The Look of Love / Anne Dunlop -- 11.Bologna and the Popes: Simone dei Crocefissi's Portraits of Urban V / Robert Gibbs -- 12.Some Pilgrimage Sources for Altichiero / Louise Bourdua.
- 9004226516 (electronic book)
9789004226517 (electronic book)
9789004210769 (hardback : alk. paper)
9004210768 (hardback : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8876560