European and Chinese sociologies [electronic resource] : a new dialogue / edited by Laurence Roulleau-Berger and Li Peilin
- International comparative social studies, v. 26
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Machine generated contents note: European and Chinese Sociologies: A New Dialogue / Laurence Roulleau-Berger -- Chinese Sociology in Global Perspective / Li Peilin -- pt. ONE SOCIETIES, MODERNITIES AND GLOBALIZATION -- 1.Modernity and Modernization / Alain Touraine -- 2.The Economical Status and Social Attitudes of Migrant Workers in China / Li Wei -- 3.The Crisis of `Organised Modernity' / Robert Castel -- 4.Transition Sociology Trends and New Prospects / Sun Liping -- 5.Multiple Modernities, Inequalities and Intermediate Spaces / Laurence Roulleau-Berger -- 6.Neither Global nor National: Novel Assemblages of Territory, Authority, and Rights / Saskia Sassen -- pt. TWO CLASS, INDIVIDUAL AND SOCIETY -- 7.Social Mobility and Social Class in China: A Comparative Study of Intragenerational Mobility Models Before and After the Economic Reforms / Li Chunling -- 8.The Rise of the `Middle Classes' or the Moyennisation of Society in Contemporary France: A Difficult Debate / Catherine Bidou-Zachariasen -- 9.Individualism, Autonomy, Social Institution: How to overcome the Dichotomy between the Individual and Society / Alain Ehrenberg -- 10.Social Existence of Chinese Middle Class in Contemporary China: Class Cognition and Political Consciousness / Li Lulu -- 11.Guanxilization and Categorization: Theoretical Considerations Based on Two Case Studies / Yang Yiyin -- pt. THREE STATE, DEMOCRATY AND CITIZENSHIP -- 12.Conflict, Trust and Democracy in Eastern Europe / Anna Krasteva -- 13.Civil Society in Community Governance: The Experience from China / Li Youmei -- 14.Testing Recognition: New Injunctions and Disjunctions of Democracy in Western Europe / Jean-Paul Payet -- 15.A New Economy of Legality and the Process of Legitimization in Contemporary Societies / Jacques Commaille -- 16.Folk Society and Ritual State / Guo Yuhua -- 17.Dual integration of Social Order: Analysis of a Case of Property Right Dispute / Zhang Jing -- 18.Ethics, Legitimacy and Vulnerability in Europe / Patrick Pharo -- 19.Housing Transforms China: The Homeowners' Rights Campaign in B City / Shen Yuan -- pt. FOUR ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATIONS AND NEW SOCIAL INEQUALITIES -- 20.Employment Regulation in the Wake of Globalisation / Michel Lallement -- 21.Is There a Future for Industrial Democracy? / Catherine Paradeise -- 22.Industrial Relations and Inequalities in Western Europe: Questions for the Evolution of Chinese Labour Markets / David Marsden -- 23.Three Types of Discrimination against Migrant Workers in the Labor Market and Logical Consequences / Liu Shiding -- 24.Dualism and Diversity: A Comparative Analysis of Unemployment in Italy / Jonathan Pratschke -- 25.Three Decades of Chinese Women. State, Family, Women: Comments on the Last Two Decades of Women or Gender Related Sociological Studies / Tong Xin.
- 9789004217164 (electronic book), 9004217169 (electronic book), 9789004211742 (hbook : alk. paper), and 9004211748 (hbook : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8876681