Bronx princess [videorecording] : a documentary film / A co-production of Highbridge Pictures, LLC and the Independent Television Service (ITVS) ; executive producer, Marco Williams ; directed and produced by Yoni Brook and Musa Syeed
- [Place of publication not identified] : Distributed by Kunaki, LLC, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (38 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Brook, Yoni
Blitz the Ambassador
Independent Television Service
Highbridge Pictures, LLC
Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Language Note:
- In English; some dialogue in Twi and Gã with English subtitles.
- "Bronx princess follows headstrong 17-year-old teenager Rocky's journey as she leaves behind her mother in New York City to reunite with her father, a chief in Ghana, West Africa. Filmed over the tumultuous summer between high-school and college, Bronx princess tells Rocky's coming-of-age story. By confronting her immigrant parents' ideas of adulthood, Rocky reconciles her African heritage with her dream of independence."--Http://www.bronxprincess.com.
- Otoo, Rockyatu
- African American teenage girls—New York (State)—New York
- Children of immigrants—New York (State)—New York
- Immigrant families—New York (State)—New York
- Culture conflict
- Cultural awareness
- Ghanaians—New York (State)—New York
- Ghanaian Americans—New York (State)—New York
- Bronx (New York, N.Y.)
- Accra (Ghana)
- Parent and teenager—New York (State)—New York
- Parent and teenager—Ghana—Accra
- African American college students—Pennsylvania—Carlisle
- Dickinson College—Students
- Beauty shops—New York (State)—New York
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Originally released in 2008.
Description based on surrogate.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Photography, Yoni Brook ; editor, Mary Manhardt ; music by Blitz the Ambassador.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Rockyatu Otoo.
- Funding Information:
- Produced with funding from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- Technical Details:
- Big Sky Film Festival, 2009, winner for best documentary short.
View MARC record | catkey: 8876733