Geologic map of the north polar region of Mars [cartographic material] / by Kenneth L. Tanaka and Corey M. Fortezzo ; cartography by Darlene A. Ryan ; U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey ; prepared for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Tanaka, Kenneth L.
- Additional Titles:
- Title from margin: Atlas of Mars, north polar region
- [Reston, Va.?] : U.S. Geological Survey, 2012.
Denver, CO : For sale by the USGS Information Services.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 89 x 89 cm, on sheet 104 x 148 cm, folded 27 x 22 cm, in envelope 31 x 24 cm + 1 pamphlet (i, 11 pages ; 28 cm).
- Additional Creators:
- Fortezzo, Corey M.
Ryan, Darlene A.
Geological Survey (U.S.)
United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Planetary Geology and Geophysics Program (U.S.)
- Scientific investigations map ; 3177
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:2,000,000 (1mm=2 km) at latitude 90⁰ N ; Polar stereographic projection
Scale 1:2,034,656 (1mm=2.03 km) at latitude 75⁰ N ; Polar stereographic projection
- Relief shown by shading.
Shipping list no.: 2012-0416-P.
"Prepared on behalf of the Planetary Geology and Geophysics Program, Solar System Exploration Division, Office of Space Science, National Aeronautics and Space Administration."
"Prepared for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration."
Coordinates shown as W 360⁰ -- E 360⁰/N 90⁰ -- S 75⁰.
Includes 10 ancillary maps (some col.), 1 table, and 1 lithologic column.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 7-9 of pamphlet).
- Preferred Citation:
- Tanaka, K.L., Fortezzo, C.M., 2012, Geologic map of the North Polar Region of Mars: U. S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Map 3177, scale 1:2,000,000 (http://pubs.usgs.gov/sim/3177).
View MARC record | catkey: 8876866