Microsoft private cloud computing [electronic resource] / Aidan Finn [and others].
- Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (410 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Finn, Aidan, 1974-, Vredevoort, Hans, Lownds, Patrick, 1970-, and Flynn, Damian
- Microsoft® Private Cloud Computing; Contents; Part 1 •%x; Introduction to Cloud Computing; Chapter 1 •%x; Understanding Cloud Computing; The Challenges of Traditional Computing; Business Challenges; Technology Challenges; How Cloud Computing Is Changing IT Service Delivery; What Makes a Cloud?; Understanding the Cloud-Computing Service Models; Understanding the Cloud-Computing Deployment Models; Summary; Chapter 2 •%x; The Microsoft Private Cloud; The Microsoft Private Cloud Strategy; The Development of the Microsoft Private Cloud; System Center 2012 and the Microsoft Private Cloud, Beneficiaries of the Microsoft Private CloudSystem Center 2012 in the Microsoft Private Cloud; Virtualization; System Center 2012 Roles; Summary; Part 2 •%x; Fabric and Service Management; Chapter 3 •%x; Introducing the VMM 2012 Architecture; Exploring the New Capabilities of VMM 2012; New Functionality; Changed Functionality; Resources for VMM 2012; Understanding the VMM Architecture; Components of VMM; VMM 2012 Topology; Ports and Protocols; Summary; Chapter 4 •%x; Setting Up and Deploying VMM 2012; Discovering VMM 2012 Installation Requirements; VMM Management Server; VMM Console, VMM Self-Service PortalVMM Database; VMM Library Server; Virtual Machine Hosts; Hyper-V Host Deployment to a Bare-Metal Computer; Update Management; VMM Monitoring and Reporting; Setting Up and Discovering VMM; Preparations for Installing VMM; Installing the VMM Server; Making the VMM Server Highly Available; Upgrading from VMM 2008 R2 SP1; Installing a Management Console; Installing a Self-Service Portal; Adding or Removing a PXE Server; Adding or Removing an Update Server; Creating Host Groups; Adding a Hyper-V Host to a Host Group; Configuring VMM Settings; Summary, Chapter 5 •%x; Understanding the VMM LibraryIntroducing the Library Role in VMM; Library-Server Hardware Requirements; Adding Library Servers; Adding a Library Share; Associating Library Servers to a Host Group; Adding Resources to the Library; Adding File-Based Resources; Adding Templates and Profiles; Equivalent Objects; Removing Resources from the Library; Disabling Library Resources; Deleting Files from the Library; Removing a Library Share or Server; Updating the Catalog and Baselines; Benefits of Managing Fabric Updates with VMM; Managing the WSUS Server; Deploying a WSUS Server, and Configuring Update BaselinesScanning for Update Compliance; Performing Update Remediation; Performing On-Demand Update Synchronizations; Summary; Chapter 6 •%x; Understanding Network and Storage in VMM 2012; Preparing Network Integration; Configuring Network Settings; Creating Logical Networks and Network Sites; Manually Removing Dependent Resources; Creating IP Address Pools; Viewing Assigned IP Addresses; Creating a MAC Address Pool; Releasing Inactive IP or MAC Addresses; Adding and Configuring Load Balancers and VIP Templates; Preparing Storage Integration and Automation
- Learn the foundation of cloud computing and how to build your own Microsoft private cloudWritten by a team of expert authors who are MVPs and leaders in their respective fields, this one-of-a-kind book is an essential resource for IT administrators who are responsible for implementing and managing a cloud infrastructure. You’ll quickly learn how cloud computing offers significant cost savings while also providing new levels of speed and agility.Serving as a how-to guide, Microsoft Private Cloud Computing walks you through building a secure, internal cloud and delivering it as a service t.
- 9781118285701 (electronic bk.)
1118285700 (electronic bk.)
- Description based upon print version of record.
Deep Storage Integration with SMI-S
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 8877744