Future of advanced registered nursing practice / guest editor, Robin Donohoe Dennison ; consulting editor, Suzanne S. Prevost
- Nursing clinics of North America, 0029-6465 ; v. 47, no. 2
- Preface / Robin Donohoe Dennison -- Future of nurse practitioner practice: a world of opportunity / Mollie E Aleshire, Kathy Wheeler, and Suzanne S Prevost -- Bright future for clinical nurse specialist practice / Stephen Patten and Kelly A Goudreau -- Nurse-midwifery: art and science / Debora M Dole and Cynthia F Nypaver -- Nurse anesthesia: a past, present, and future perspective / Wanda O Wilson -- Doctorate in nursing practice: moving advanced practice nursing even closer to excellence / Robin Donohoe Dennison, Camille Payne, and Kathleen Farrell -- Impact of new regulatory standards on advanced practice registered nursing: the APRN consensus model and LACE / Joan M Stanley -- Movement to improve care: the Institute of Medicine quality reports and implications for the advanced practice registered nurse / Anita Finkelman -- Role of the nurse executive in fostering and empowering the advanced practice registered nurse / Tukea L Talbert -- Role of the advanced practice registered nurse in ensuring evidence-based practice / Marthe J Moseley -- Impact of interprofessional collaboration on the effectiveness, significance, and future of advanced practice registered nurses / Dorothy Brooten, JoAnne M Youngblut, Jean Hannan, and Frank Guido-Sanz -- Future of the psychiatric mental health clinical nurse specialist: evolution or extinction / Anita Dempsey and Judy Ribak -- Future of the population-focused, public health clinical nurse specialist / Dawn Doutrich and Jo Ann Walsh Dotson -- Erratum -- Index.
- Overview: This issue of Nursing Clinics, Guest Edited by Robin Dennison, DNP, MSN, CCNS, RN, will focus on Future of Advanced Nursing Practice with topics including: regulatory procedures for APNs; future of the NP role; future of CNS role; future of nurse midwife role; future of the nurse anesthetist role; impact of LACE in public health; merging roles of the psychiatric mental health CNS and NP; impact of DNP on AP roles; future of reimbursement for APNs; role of APN in EBP; genetics and APNs; APNs in medical home; and executive role of the APN.
- 9781455738991 (hardcover) and 1455738999 (hardcover)
- "June 2012" and Description based on surrogate.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8879717