Moscow stories / Loren R. Graham
- Graham, Loren R.
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 305 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Learning to learn about Russia and Communism -- The communism problem in Farmersburg -- Technological competition and the Cold War -- Student days at Moscow University -- No singing allowed at Moscow University -- Lennie in the workers' paradise -- Rural Russia and the forbidden fish -- An American sit-in and a Russian riot -- The fate of my closest Russian friend -- The vodka caper -- Research in the USSR -- The meaning of science in Russia -- The American colony in the Soviet Union -- The biggest fraud in biology -- Peter Kapitsa, a man of many parts -- I break into the ambassador's house -- The bravery of Bukharin's widow -- Filming refuseniks and dissidents in Moscow -- Intelligence, the Cold War, and security concerns -- The scholar who disappeared -- Being followed -- Spies and scholars -- From the USSR to post-communist Russia -- A man of fervor -- The Soviet Union and I collapse together -- An ambiguous funeral -- George Soros tries to save Russian science and culture -- Death of an old American communist.
- Science—Social aspects—Soviet Union
- Science—Social aspects—Russia (Federation)
- Soviet Union—Intellectual life
- Soviet Union—Social conditions—1945-1991
- Russia (Federation)—Intellectual life—1991-
- Russia (Federation)—Social conditions—1991-
- Graham, Loren R.—Travel—Soviet Union
- Graham, Loren R.—Travel—Russia (Federation)
- 0253347165 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780253347169 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Description based on surrogate.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8881026