Silent spring at 50 [electronic resource] : the false crises of Rachel Carson / edited by Roger Meiners, Pierre Desrochers, and Andrew Morriss
- Additional Titles:
- Silent spring at fifty
- Washington, D.C. : Cato Institute, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 364 pages) : illustrations, map
- Additional Creators:
- Meiners, Roger E., Desrochers, Pierre, 1969-, and Morriss, Andrew P., 1960-
- Silent spring at 50 -- The lady who started all this -- The intellectual groundwaters of Silent spring : rethinking Rachel Carson's place in the history of American environmental thought -- Silent spring as secular religion -- The selective silence of Silent spring : birds, pesticides, and alternatives to pesticides -- Rachel Carson's health scare -- The balance of nature and "the other road" : ecological paradigms and the management legacy of Silent spring -- Did Rachel Carson understand the importance of DDT in global public health programs? -- Agricultural revolutions and agency wars : how the 1950s laid the groundwork for Silent spring -- The false promise of federalization -- The precautionary principle : Silent spring's toxic legacy -- Risk over-simplified : the enduring and unfortunate legacy of Silent spring.
- 9781937184193 (electronic bk.)
1937184196 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8890297