Short stories for students. Volume 34 [electronic resource] : presenting analysis, context, and criticism on commonly studied short stories / Sara Constantakis, project editor ; foreword by Thomas E. Barden
- Detroit, Mich. : Gale, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 352 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Constantakis, Sara
- Gale virtual reference library
- The blue hotel / by Stephen Crane -- The country of the blind / by H.G. Wells -- First confession / by Frank O'Connor -- Good country people / by Flannery O'Connor -- Greasy lake / by T. Coraghessan Boyle -- An hour with Abuelo / by Judith Ortiz Cofer -- Impulse / by Conrad Aiken -- The lucky stone / by Lucille Clifton -- The murders in the Rue Morgue / by Edgar Allan Poe -- The night face up / by Julio Cortazar -- The rain came / by Grace Ogot -- Wasps' nest / by Agatha Christie -- The white umbrella / by Gish Jen -- The widow and the parrot : a true story / by Virginia Woolf.
- Presents vital information on the most-studied short stories at the high school and early-college levels. Each entry contains author biography, plot summary, characters, themes, style, historical context, critical overview, and criticism.
- Crane, Stephen, 1871-1900. Blue hotel
- Wells, H. G. (Herbert George), 1866-1946. Country of the blind
- O'Connor, Frank, 1903-1966. First confession
- O'Connor, Flannery. Good country people
- Boyle, T. Coraghessan. Greasy lake
- Cofer, Judith Ortiz, 1952- Hour with Abuelo
- Aiken, Conrad, 1889-1973. Impulse
- Clifton, Lucille, 1936-2010. Lucky stone
- Poe, Edgar Allan, 1809-1849. Murders in the Rue Morgue
- Cortázar, Julio. Night face up.
- Ogot, Grace, 1930- Rain came
- Christie, Agatha, 1890-1976. Wasps' nest
- Jen, Gish. White umbrella
- Woolf, Virginia, 1882-1941. Widow and the parrot
- Short story—Study and teaching (Higher)—United States
- Short story—Study and teaching (Secondary)—United States
- Short story
- 9781414482347 (electronic book)
1414482345 (electronic book)
- "ISSN 1092-7735."
Each entry contains author biography, plot summary, characters, themes, style, historical context, critical overview, and criticism.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8890436