Guide to computer-aided dispatch systems [microform] / David J. Brenner, Marilyn A. Cadoff ; prepared by the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Bureau of Standards, National Engineering Laboratory, Law Enforcement Standards Laboratory
- Brenner, David J.
- Gaithersburg, MD : U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Bureau of Standards, 
[Springfield, Va.] : [National Technical Information Service, distributor]
- Physical Description:
- v, 37 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Cadoff, Marilyn A.
Law Enforcement Standards Laboratory
- NBSIR ; 84-2991
- Foreword -- Introduction -- Benefits provided by a CAD system -- Components of a computer-aided dispatch system -- CAD system procurement process -- General observations -- Summary -- References -- Appendix A. Glossary -- Appendix B. Determination of the number of complaint operator and dispatch terminals required for a CAD -- Appendix C. List of reviewers.
- This guide provides current information on computer-aided dispatch (CAD) systems as they are used by law enforcement and other public safety agencies and is intended to serve as a procurement aid to those persons who are or will be involved with the planning and acquisition of a CAD system. Topics such as the improvements in operations that may result from installation of a CAD system, a description of the system components, various considerations that will require resolution when the decision is made to purchase a CAD system, and provision of sufficient background to enable a knowledgeable purchasing decision to be made are addressed. A general purchase implementation plan is included also.
- Distributed to depository libraries in microfiche.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: pages 28-29.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final report.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfiche. Washington, D.C. : U.S. G.P.O., 1985. 1 microfiche : negative ; 11 x 15 cm.
- Funding Information:
- National Institute of Justice, U.S. Department of Justice.
View MARC record | catkey: 8890470