Germany in the modern world [electronic resource] : a new history / Sam A. Mustafa
- Mustafa, Sam A.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 411 pages) : illustrations, maps
- Germania -- Das Reich -- Confessions -- What is enlightenment? -- Imagining a nation -- An empire of monuments -- Modernity and its ciscontents -- Downfall -- Zero hour -- Ode to joy.
- With a careful blend of concision and rich detail, Sam A. Mustafa's readable and lively text traces German history from Roman times to the present, placing particular emphasis on the past three centuries. Balanced and clearly written, the book guides readers expertly through the complex tangle of Germany's past. Mustafa provides a judicious mix of narrative history and historiography, tracing the influential individuals and broad social currents, myths and legends, and political and cultural elements thathave shaped the country. In addition, the book is unique in bringing the story fully to th.
- 9780742568044 (electronic)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 8892367