Law and legal institutions of Asia : traditions, adaptations and innovations / edited by E. Ann Black and Gary F. Bell
- Cambridge [England] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 416 pages : map ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Black, E. Ann and Bell, Gary F.
- China : legal reform in an emerging socialist market economy / Jiangyu Wang -- Hong Kong : maintaining a common law legal system in a non-Western culture / Benny Y.T. Tai -- Taiwan : external influences mixed with traditional elements to form its unique legal system / Chang-fa Lo -- Japan : the importance and evolution of legal institutions at the turn of the century / Kent Anderson and Trevor Ryan -- Korea : bridging the gap between Korean substance and Western form / Youngjoon Kwon -- Vietnam : the past 25 years, the present and the future / Dang Xuan Hop -- Malaysia : the undermining of its fundamental institutions and the prospects for reform / Tsun Hang Tey -- Indonesia : the challenges of legal diversity and law reform / Gary F. Bell -- Brunei Darussalam : ideology and law in a Malay sultanate / E. Ann Black -- Singapore : a statist legal laboratory / Kevin Y.L. Tan -- Philippines : native culture, transplanted institutions and women's rights / Elizabeth Aguiling-Pangalangan.
- 9780521116497 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8892454