China 2030 : building a modern, harmonious, and creative society / The World Bank, Development Research Center of the State Council, the People's Republic of China
- Washington, D.C. : The World Bank, 
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 442 pages : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Guo wu yuan fa zhan yan jiu zhong xin (China) and World Bank
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Overview -- China 2030: Building a Modern, Harmonious, and Creative Society -- 1.China's Path: 1978-2030 -- 2.A New Development Strategy for 2030 -- 3.Structural Reforms for a Market-Based Economy with Sound Foundations -- 4.Increasing the Pace of Innovation -- 5.Seizing the Opportunity of Green Development -- 6.Equal Opportunity and Basic Security for All -- 7.Strengthening the Fiscal System and Aligning It with the Evolving Role of Government -- 8.Achieving Mutually Beneficial Relations with the Rest of World -- 9.Overcoming Obstacles to Implementing Reforms -- pt. II Supporting Reports -- 1.China: Structural Reforms for a Modern, Harmonius, Creative Society -- Setting the Stage: China's Past Economic Performance, Key Challenges, and Future Growth Potential -- Promoting Efficiency and Equity through Structural Reform -- Strengthening the Fiscal System -- Enterprise Sector Reforms -- Financial System Reforms -- Land Policies -- Annex 1A Why Did China Grow So Fast? -- Annex 1B China's Industrial Policies: Key Actors and Defining Characteristics -- Annex 1C Unbalanced and Incomplete Financial System -- Annex 1D Experiences of Japan and the Republic of Korea in Financial Liberalization -- Notes -- References -- 2.China's Growth through Technological Convergence and Innovation -- Purpose of the Chapter -- Growth Drivers: Betting on TFP -- Building Technological Capacity -- The Road to Innovation -- Defining Policy Priorities -- Emerging Priorities for Innovation -- Concluding Observations -- Annex 2A Annex Tables -- Notes -- References -- 3.Seizing the Opportunity of Green Development in China -- Why Green Development? -- Green as a Source of Growth -- Green Improves the Quality of Growth -- Factors Favoring and Impeding Green Development in China -- Addressing Concerns on Green Development -- The Road toward Green Development -- Annex 3A Sequencing Actions and Confirming Results -- Notes -- References -- 4.Equality of Opportunity and Basic Security for All -- Challenges for China's Social Development -- Equality of Opportunity with Security: Goals and Principles -- Expanding Opportunities and Deepening Human Capital -- Developing a Flexible and Secure Labor Market -- Enhancing Security and Improving the Social Security System -- Annex Table 4A Illustrative Sequencing of Hukou and Supporting Reforms -- Notes -- References -- 5.Reaching "Win-Win" Solutions with the Rest of the World -- The World in 2030 -- China's Integration in Global Markets -- Global Public Goods -- Notes.
- 9780821395455 (alk. paper)
0821395459 (alk. paper)
9780821397565 (electronic : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 8892559