- Philadelphia : Printed by J. Severns, 1852-1935
- Physical Description:
- v. : fronts. (part col.) illus., plates (part fold.) ports., maps (part fold.) plans (part fold.) facsims. (part fold.) fold. tab. and 2 atlases (28 fold. maps, 5 fold. facsim) ; 21-22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hazard, Samuel, 1784-1870, Montgomery, Thomas Lynch, 1862-1929, Reed, George Edward, 1846-1930, Egle, William Henry, 1830-1901, Linn, John Blair, 1831-1899, Pennsylvania. General Assembly, and Pennsylvania. Secretary of the Commonwealth
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- [1st ser.] v. 1-12; 2nd ser., v. 1-19; 3rd ser., v. 1-30; 4th ser., v. 1-12; 5th ser., v. 1-8; 6th ser., v. 1-15; 7th ser., v. 1-5; 8th ser., v. 1-8; 9th ser., v. 1-10.
- Appendix to 2d ser., v. 7 (in separate volumes): Charter, Charles II to William Penn (4 fold. facsim.); and Letter from William Penn to the emperor of Canada. 1682 (fold. facsim.).
Appendix to 3rd ser., v.1-10: 28 fold. maps in portfolio series.
A collection of documents supplementing the companion series known as "Colonial records", which contain the Minutes of the Provincial council and of the Supreme executive council of Pennsylvania (16 vol., Philadelphia and Harrisburg, 1851-1853).
No general index to the second series; the general indexes to the third and following series occur as follows: Index to 3rd series, in 3rd series v. 30; index to 4th series, in 4th series, v.12; index to 5th series, in 6th series, v. 15, pt. 1-2; index to 6th series, in 7th series, v. 1-5.
Editors: Samuel Hazard.--2d ser., v. 1-12, 14, J.B. Linn and W.H. Egle.--2d ser., v. 13, 15-19, and 3d ser., v. 1-26, W.H. Egle.--3d ser., v. 27-30, and 4th ser., G.E. Reed.--5th-7th ser., T.L. Montgomery.--8th ser., v. 1-5, Gertrude MacKinney; 8th ser., v. 6-8, C.F. Hoban; 9th ser., Gertrude MacKinney.
Appendix 1-X contains maps ; some locations have cataloged them as separates.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfiche. [New York, N.Y.], NYT Microfilming Corporation of America, [19__]- microfiches ; 11x15 cm.
Microfilm. New Haven, Research Publications, [19__]. 10 microfilm reels ; 35 mm. (Published American colonial records)
- Source of Acquisition:
- PSU Archives copies of 3rd.ser.v.4 & 5th.ser.v.7: Gift of Harry B.Henderson.
- Issuing Body:
- 1st-6th series published under the direction of the secretary of the commonwealth; 8th- edited by the director of the state library under the direction of the superintendent of public instruction.
- Action Note:
- Deacidified. 200665. liquid. Cranberry Township, PA 16066. Preservation Technologies Inc.
View MARC record | catkey: 891477