Backstage : stories from my life in public television / Ron Hull
- Hull, Ronald Eugene, 1930-
- Additional Titles:
- My life in public television
- Lincoln : University of Nebraska Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 260 pages, 10 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Where the West begins in the middle of -- The mystery in grandmother's trunk -- The stranger in the night -- The Hulls and the Kayes -- On becoming a storyteller -- Front and center -- With thanks to the GI bill -- Our town -- We had a dream -- Shapers of the dream -- My two friends John Neihardt and Mari Sandoz -- Bringing television to Vietnam -- Actors, politicians, and airplanes -- Like dragons take to maidens -- Brief and memorable Far East encounters -- Programming the Vietnamese way -- Goodbye, Saigon -- The house that jack built -- Back to Vietnam -- David and Goliath -- The big time -- Sandy, Jean, and Phil -- The gang of seven -- The missed opportunity -- Exciting times, stimulating people -- Feeling the "old Washington squeeze" -- The peace tree.
- 9780803240667 (pbk. : alk. paper)
080324066X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 9019963