Representing religion in the European Union : does God matter? / edited by Lucian N. Leustean
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 245 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Leuștean, Lucian
- Routledge studies in religion and politics
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Does God matter in the European Union? / Lucian N. Leustean -- pt. I Religion and politics in the European Union -- 2.Political realism and Roman Catholic faith in the construction of Europe: Konrad Adenauer, Robert Schuman and Charles de Gaulle / Michael Sutton -- 3.Deus ex machina: representing God on the stage of the European Union / John T. S. Madeley -- 4.Turkey and Europe: religion, nationalism and international relations / Jeffrey Haynes -- pt. II Representing churches, religions and communities of conviction in the European Union -- 5.The Roman Catholic Church and the European institutions: dialogue and advocacy at the European Union / Frank Turner -- 6.From Athens and Berlin to Brussels: reflections on community knowledge and dialogue between the EU institutions and the churches / Gary Wilton -- 7.The dialogue of churches with European political institutions: does it matter? / Peter Pavlovic -- 8.Religion and the European Union / Tariq Ramadan -- 9.Article 17: reasons for concern / David Pollock -- pt. III Representing religion: the state dimension -- 10.Eurosceptic allies or Euroenthusiast friends?: the political discourse of the Roman Catholic Church in Poland / Simona Guerra -- 11.Christian churches in the process of the EU treaties' reform / Sergei A. Mudrov -- pt. IV Representing religion: the transnational dimension -- 12.The Western paradox: why the United States is more religious but less Christian than Europe / Adrian Pabst -- 13.Why Brussels is neither Washington nor Berlin: political Catholicism in differing political systems / Antonius Liedhegener -- pt. V Representing religion: the institutional dimension -- 14.How many roads lead to Brussels?: the political mobilisation of religious organisations within the European public sphere / Friederike Bollmann -- 15.Religious contributions to law- and policy-making in a secular political order: the approach of European institutions / Ronan Mccrea.
- 9780415685047, 0415685044, 9780203109779, and 0203109775
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9019980