Growing schools : librarians as professional developers / Debbie Abilock, Kristin Fontichiaro, and Violet H. Harada, editors
- Hands-on learning with a hands-off approach / Kelly Ahlfeld -- Exploratorium : a teacher's perspective / Jennifer Bloomingdale -- The 24th thing : how a Web discovery PD program redefined our library's role within the school / Susan Geiger with Anne Arriaga -- The model for Susan and Anne's tutorial / Jacquelyn (Jackie) Siminitus -- Introduction to lesson study / Catherine Lewis -- My first lesson study : a collegial approach to professional development / Anne Stokes -- Building evidence-based practice : moving from circulation counts to assessing for student learning / Pamela Kramer and Linda Diekman -- Action research : professional renewal as living in the question / Judith Sykes -- School librarians as action researchers / Violet H. Harada -- On the role of the teacher-librarian as information manager / Mike Eisenberg -- They call it learning / Connie Williams -- Job-embedded professional development : an orchard of opportunity / Judi Moreillon -- Improving practice through professional learning communities / Carolyn Kirio and Sandy Yamamoto -- From FYI to PLC : how our system transformed meetings into productive conversations / Christopher Harris -- The power of practice / Brian Mayer -- Using student assessment to drive professional development / Tish Stafford -- Growing a community of learners / Kristin Fontichiaro -- Collective bookmarking : using diigo as a student in SI 641 / Mariah Cherem -- Always beginning : welcoming "beginning teachers" into a learning community / Elizabeth E.G. Friese -- Our mutual catalyst for growth / Kim Dority -- Professional development in reading : a librarian's role / Marilyn Kimura -- Deliberative dialogue : changing the PD discourse / Nancy Kranich -- Professional learning communities in an information literacy odyssey / Susan Smith -- Becoming a webinarian : designing a webinar series and facilitating a professional learning community / Michelle Luhtala -- D.C. al coda / Debbie Abilock.
- Teachers—In-service training—United States—Case studies
- Teachers—Training of—United States—Case studies
- Educational technology—Study and teaching—Case studies
- Information technology—Study and teaching—Case studies
- Technological literacy—Study and teaching—Case studies
- School librarian participation in curriculum planning—Case studies
- Academic libraries—Relations with faculty and curriculum—Case studies
- Libraries and teachers—United States—Case studies
- School libraries—Information technology
- 9781610690416 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9020006