Larkin Street stories. Episode 1, The homeless LGBT experience
- Additional Titles:
- Homeless LGBT experience and Homeless lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender experience
- Rockville, MD : Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Homelessness Resource Center, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (6 min., 33 sec.)
- Additional Creators:
- Eastman, Toby, McHale, Loch, and Homelessness Resource Center (U.S.)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Introduces the staff and clients of Larkin Street Youth Services, a shelter for homeless youth in San Francisco, and covers its programs for those rejected by family because of their sexual identities. Provides statistics for behaviors and crises experienced by LGBTQ homeless youth. Features comments by Toby Eastman and Loch McHale, the center's Chief of Programs and Director of Services, and their teen and young adult clients.
- Video files available in both streaming (6 min., 33 sec., SWF file, sd., col.) and downloadable (6 min., 33 sec., FLV file, sd., col.) formats., Closed-captioned., Title from title screen., "[D]eveloped by the Homelessness Resource Center through a contract with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration"--Opening screen., "Publication date: 2011"--Video home page., and "[O]ffers tips on best practices for providers serving LGBTQ [lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender or transsexual/questioning] youth who are homeless"--Larkin Street Stories home page.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Adobe Flash Player for streaming files; multimedia software player such as RealPlayer for downloadable files. and Mode of access: Internet via the SAMHSA Homelessness Resource Center web site.
View MARC record | catkey: 9022870