Public health nursing : practicing population-based care / edited by Marie Truglio-Londrigan, Sandra B. Lewenson
- Burlington, MA : Jones & Bartlett Learning, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxix, 435 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Truglio-Londrigan, Marie and Lewenson, Sandra
- What is public health and public health nursing? -- Public health nursing in the United States : a history -- Assessment : using the public health nursing assessment tool -- Fundamentals of epidemiology and social epidemiology -- Evidence-based practice from a public health perspective -- Informatics in public health nursing -- Considerations of culture in the health of the public -- Health care policy and politics : the risk and rewards for public health nurses -- Hitting the pavement : intervention of case finding -- Running the show : referral and follow-up, case management, and delegated functions -- Working it out : consultation, counseling, and health teaching -- Working together : collaboration, coalition building, and community organizing -- Getting the word out : advocacy, social marketing, and policy development and enforcement -- Protecting, sustaining, and empowering : a historical perspective on the control of epidemics -- Historical highlights in disaster nursing -- Emergency preparedness in the 21st century : two post 9/11 case studies -- Nursing education and public health nursing -- Epilogue : a conversation about primary health care.
- Includes access code to online course.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9024501