Petroleum geology of the Devonian and Mississippian black shale of eastern North America / edited by John B. Roen and Roy C. Kepferle
- U.S. Geological Survey bulletin ; 1909
- ch. A. Introductory review--Devonian and Mississippian Black Shale, Eastern North America / by John B. Roen -- ch. B. Stratigraphy of Devonian Black Shales and Associated Rocks in the Appalachian Basin / by Wallace de Witt, Jr., John B. Roen, and Laure G. Wallace -- ch. C. New Albany Shale (Devonian and Mississippian stratigraphy in the Michigan Basic / by R. David Mathews -- ch. D. Review and revision of the Devonian-Mississippian stratigraphy in the Michigan basin / by R. David Mathews -- ch. E. Stratigraphy of the Kettle Point Formation (Upper Devonian of Southwestern Ontario, Canada)--Implications for depositional setting and resource potential / by D.J. Russell -- ch. F. A depositional model and basin analysis for the gas-bearing Black Shale (Devonian and Mississippian) in the Appalachian Basin / by Roy C. Kepferle -- ch. G. Illite crystallinity as an indicator of the thermal maturity of Devonian Black Shales in the Appalachian Basin / by John W. Hosterman -- ch. H. Petrography and reservoir geolo and (cont'd.) ch. I. Source rocks and hydrocarbon generation in the New Albany Shale (Devonian-Mississippian) of the Illinois Basin--a review / by Robert M. Cluff -- ch. J. Use of formation-density logs to determine organic-carbon content in Devonian Shales of the Western Appalachian Basin and an additional example based on the Bakken Formation of the Williston Basin / by James W. Schmoker -- ch. K. Structural parameters that affect Devonian Shale gas production in West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky / by Robert C. Shumaker -- ch. L. Production and production controls in Devonian Shales, West Virginia / by Douglas G. Patchen and Michael Ed. Hohn -- ch. M. Detailed study of Devonian Black Shales encountered in nine wells in Western New York State / by Arthur M. Van Tyne -- ch. N. Estimates of unconventional natural gas resources of the Devonian Shales of the Appalachian Basin / by Ronald R. Carpenter, et. al.
- "This bulletin is the result of studies undertaken for the Morgantown Energy Technology Center of the U.S. Department of Energy."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available via internet at the USGS Publications Warehouse as of June 25, 2008 in various formats.
View MARC record | catkey: 9024679