Whittle [videorecording] : the jet pioneer / produced by Quanta Limited for the History Channel ; Producers, Glyn Jones, Nicholas Jones ; writer, director, Nicholas Jones
- Additional Titles:
- Jet pioneer
- [Corston, Wiltshire] : Quanta : Shelter Island, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 71 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Whittle, Frank, 1907-1996, Jones, Glyn, Jones, Nicholas, Austin, Dave, Quanta Limited, Shelter Island (Firm), and History Channel (Television network)
- Tells the story of Sir Frank Whittle, inventor of the jet engine. Includes comments by Whittle himself, his son Ian, veteran test pilot Captain Eric Brown RN and Hans von Ohain, designer of the first German jet engine.
- Audience Notes:
- Not rated.
- "His race against time and the Nazis"--Container.
Originally produced: 2007.
Bonus features: Airside at Gatwick -- A tribute by Ian Whittle - Westminster Abbey -- Interrogating the Nazis / by Eric Brown -- Brockworth - the first flight? -- Centrifugal - the reason why -- So how does a jet engine work?
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Gordon Hickey ; editor, Andrew Heathcote.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrated by Dave Austin.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, all regions, NTSC, widescreen (1.78:1) presentation.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 9026119