Managing water resources for people's livelihood and sustainable development : selected articles and speeches / Chen Lei
- Chen, Lei
- Beijing : China Water & Power Press ; London : Imperial College Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vi, 291 pages : color illustrations, color map ; 26 cm
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Comprehensive Water Management Strategies -- Strengthen Water Resource Management During the 12th-Five-Year-Plan Period and Strive for a New Leap Forward in Reform and Development in the Water Sector -- Promote Sound and Rapid Development of Water Conservancy in Line with the Scientific Outlook on Development -- Scale New Heights of Reform and Development on the Path of Water Sector Modernization -- Fully Implement the Spirit of the Central Water Conservancy Work Conference in the Creation of a New Situation of Water Conservancy Modernization with Chinese Characteristics -- pt. II Flood Control, Drought Relief and Disaster Mitigation -- Flood Control, Drought Relief and Disaster Mitigation in China -- China's Experience in Dealing with Major Water Disasters -- Further Consolidate Development of an Integrated Urban Flood Control System in China -- pt. III Integrated Water Resources Management -- Implement the Strictest Water Resources Management System to Ensure Sustainable Economic and Social Development -- Opening Speech at the Third Yangtze Forum -- Establish "Three Red Lines" for Water Management and Promote Harmony Between People and Water -- Joint Efforts in Building an Environmentally Friendly Society -- Practice Strict Management of Water Resources and Promote the New Development of China's Water Sector -- pt. IV Irrigation, Drainage and Rural Water Supply -- Accelerate the Provision of Safe Drinking Water and Strive to Safeguard and Improve People's Livelihood -- The Development of Irrigation and Drainage in China -- pt. V Hydropower and Renewable Energy -- Develop Small Hydropower, Improve People's Livelihood and Facilitate Sustainable Socio-economic Development -- Scientific Exploitation of Hydro Potential and Vigorous Development of Rural Hydropower -- pt. VI Ecology and Environment Protection -- Break New Ground for Soil and Water Conservation in China -- Implement the Strictest Water Resources Management System to Promote Harmony Between People and Lakes -- pt. VII Law and Regulation -- Enhance Water Administration, Facilitate Rule-by-Law Water Governance -- Comprehensively Implement Central Document No. 1 and Accelerate Reform and Development in the Water Sector.
- "This book compiles selected speeches and articles delivered and authored by Minister Chen Lei since 2008. These speeches and articles reflect Minister Chen Lei's thinking on how to manage water resources in a vast and fast developing country. The book also shed light on the prevalent water-related problems in China, the strategies to deal with them and a vision for future development."--Pref.
- 9781848169418 and 1848169418
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 252-254) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9026400