Courses toward urban life : archaeological considerations of some cultural alternates / Edited by Robert J. Braidwood and Gordon R. Willey
- Braidwood, Robert J. (Robert John), 1907-2003
- Chicago : Aldine Pub. Co., [1966, c1962].
- Physical Description:
- ix, 371 p. : illus., maps ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Willey, Gordon R. (Gordon Randolph), 1913-2002 and Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research
- Viking Fund publications in anthropology ; no.32
- Africa south of the Sahara, by J. D. Clark -- The intermediate area, Amazonia, and the Caribbean area, by I. Rouse -- India, by H. D. Sankalia -- Mesoamerica, by G. R. Willey -- The greater American Southwest, by E. W. Haury -- Southwestern Asia beyond the lands of the Mediterranean littoral, by R. J. Braidwood and B. Howe -- Palestine, Syria, Cilicia, by J. Perrot -- The central Andes, by D. Collier -- China, by Kwang-chih Chang -- The first ground-plan of an Upper Paleolithic loess settlement in Middle Europe and its meaning, by B. Klíma -- Southern Middle Europe and Southeastern Europe, by R. Pittioni -- The Lower Rhine Basin, by H. T. Waterbolk -- Northern continental Europe, by H. Schwabedissen -- The temperate zone of continental Asia, by A. P. Okladnikov -- Eastern North America, by J. R. Caldwell -- Noerthern Europe, by C.-A. Moberg -- Conclusions and afterthoughts, by R. J. Braidwood and G. R. Willey.
- "The contents of this volume result from a symposium held at the European headquarters of the Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research at Burg Wartenstein, Austrai, July 3-11, 1960".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographies.
View MARC record | catkey: 904109