The Cambridge companion to choral music / edited by André de Quadros
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- [xv], 339 pages : illustrations, music ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- De Quadros, André
- Cambridge companions to music
- Introduction : choral music, a dynamic global genre / André de Quadros -- A brief anatomy of choirs, c.1470-1770 / Andrew Parrott -- Choral music in the culture of the nineteenth century / Chester L. Alwes -- Choral music in the twentieth and early twenty-first centuries / Nick Strimple -- The nature of chorus / Paul Hillier -- Choral music and tradition in Europe and Israel / Leo Samama -- Canada's choral landscape / Patricia Abbott and Victoria Meredith -- A multiplicity of voices : choral music in the United States / Kathy Saltzman Romey and Matthew Mehaffey -- A hundred years of choral music in Latin America, 1908-2008 / María Guinand -- Choral music in East Asia : China, Japan, and Korea / Jing Ling-Tam and Gene J. Cho -- New voices in ancient lands : choral music in South and Southeast Asia / André de Quadros -- From chanting the Quran to singing oratorio : choral music in West and Central Asia / Aida Huseynova -- Voices of the Pacific : the (ch)oral traditions of Oceania / Karen Grylls -- Choral music in Africa : history, content, and performance practice / Rudolf de Beer and Wilson Shitandi -- Globalization, multiculturalism, and the children's chorus / Francisco J. Núñez -- Exploring the universal voice / Mary Goetze, Cornelia Fales, and Wolodymyr Smishkewych -- Authentic choral music experience as "good work" : the practice of engaged musicianship / Doreen Rao -- The making of a choir : individuality and consensus in choral singing / Mike Brewer and Liz Garnett -- A point of departure for rehearsal preparation and planning / Ann Howard Jones -- Small ensemble rehearsal techniques for choirs of all sizes / Simon Carrington.
- 9780521111737 (hardback), 0521111730 (hardback), 9780521128957 (paperback), and 0521128951 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9131247