Guidebook for evaluating fuel choices for post-2010 transit bus procurements [electronic resource] / Science Applications International Corporation
- Additional Titles:
- Evaluating fuel choices for post-2010 transit bus procurements
Fuel choices for post-2010 transit bus procurements
- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Science Applications International Corporation
National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board
Transit Cooperative Research Program
United States. Federal Transit Administration
Transit Development Corporation
- TCRP report, 1073-4872 ; 146
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Choosing a fuel -- Diesel -- Biodiesel -- Gasoline -- Ethanol -- Compressed natural gas -- Liquefied natural gas -- Hydrogen-internal combustion engine -- Propane -- Dimethyl ether -- Electric-trolleybus -- Electric-battery -- Electric-hybrid -- Electric-fuel cell -- Appendices.
- "...designed to help those considering the deployment of, or conversion to, alternative fuel buses. The guidebook and life-cycle emissions model spreadsheet (FuelCost2) are intended to aide individuals who, while being quite knowledgeable about the transit industry, may not be familiar with alternative fuels and implementation issues. The guidebook and FuelCost2 provide tools to simplify the process of developing an alternative fuel strategy by clearly identifying the issues, and the costs and benefits associated with the conversion to various available alternative fuel technologies. FuelCost2 life-cycle costs and life-cycle emissions spreadsheet is available for download in a Microsoft Excel format. Appendix C of TCRP Report 146 is the user's guide for the tool. The spreadsheet includes additional instruction for using FuelCost2. This report updates, expands on, and replaces TCRP Report 38: Guidebook for Evaluating, Selecting, and Implementing Fuel Choices for Transit Bus Operations."--Provided by publisher.
- 9780309213257 (pbk.)
- At head of title: Transit Cooperative Research Program.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Funding Information:
- Research sponsored by the Federal Transit Administration in cooperation with the Transit Development Corporation C-19
View MARC record | catkey: 9134834