- Modern European philosophy
- Philosophy of science: the project -- Non-Cartesian epistemology and scientific objectivity -- Non-Euclidean mathematics and the rationality of science -- Non-Baconian science and conceptual change -- The epistemology of revolutions -- between realism and instrumentalism.
- 0521248035 (hardback)
- Critical Philosophy of Race.
- Rare Books copy: From the library of Michael Dummett.
- Rare Books copy: Author's presentation inscription on front flyleaf: "To Michael Dummett, from whom I have learned so much (although perhaps not always what he was trying to teach), Mary Tiles."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 231-236) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the Hastings Libraries Endowment; 2014.
Rare Books copy: Purchased from Ruddi Thoemmes Rare Books; 2014.
- Related Materials:
- Michael Dummett papers, 1956-2012, bulk 1982-2006 (9526) housed at Pennsylvania State University Libraries' Eberly Family Special Collections Library. https://libraries.psu.edu/findingaids/9526.htm
Ann Dummett papers, 1966-2012, bulk 1976-2012 (9466) housed at Pennsylvania State University Libraries' Eberly Family Special Collections Library. https://libraries.psu.edu/findingaids/9466.htm
View MARC record | catkey: 913540