Tommy Reilly plays harmonica concertos by Spivakovsky, Arnold, Villa-Lobos, and virtuoso works by Moody & Farnon [electronic resource].
- Reilly, Tommy
- Additional Titles:
- Harmonica concertos by Spivakovsky, Arnold, Villa-Lobos, and virtuoso works by Moody and Farnon, Title on container spine: Harmonica concertos & virtuoso works, and Harmonica concertos and virtuoso works
- Colchester, Essex, England : Chandos Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Dumont, Cedric, Smola, Emmerich, Farnon, Robert, Spivakowsky, Michael, 1919-1983, Arnold, Malcolm, Villa-Lobos, Heitor, Moody, James, Münchner Rundfunkorchester, Radio-Sinfonieorchester Basel, and Südwestfunk (Baden-Baden, Germany). Rundfunkorchester
- Concerto for harmonica and orchestra / Michael Spivakovsky (14:59) -- Concerto for harmonica and orchestra, op. 46 / Malcolm Arnold (10:05) -- Concerto for harmonica and orchestra / Heitor Villa-Lobos (17:39) -- Toledo : Spanish fantasy : for harmonica and orchestra / James Moody (6:43) -- Prelude and dance for harmonica and orchestra / Robert Farnon (10:32).
- ["00:14:59", "00:10:05", "00:17:39", "00:06:43", "00:10:32"]
- Program and biographical notes (11 p. : ports.) inserted in container.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Tommy Reilly, harmonica ; Münchner Rundfunkorchester (1st, 4th works) ; Basel Radio Symphony Orchestra, Cedric Dumont, conductor (2nd work) ; Rundfunkorchester des Südwestfunks, Emmerich Smola, conductor (3rd work) ; unnamed orchestra (5th work) ; Robert Farnon, conductor (4th-5th works).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in Munich, Germany, July 18, 1977 (1st work) and June 15, 1978 (4th work); in Basle, Switzerland, Apr. 13, 1976 (2nd work); in Kaiserslautern, Germany, Mar. 9, 1981 (3rd work); and at Chappell Studios, London, Apr. 17, 1968 (Farnon).
View MARC record | catkey: 9152519