Martin's lie [electronic resource] : Five songs for tenor and piano ; Canti della lontananza / Gian Carlo Menotti
- Menotti, Gian Carlo, 1911-2007
- Uniform Title:
- Vocal music. Selections
- Colchester, Essex, England : Chandos, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Burrowes, Connor
Stephen, Pamela Helen
Best, Matthew, 1957-
Hickox, Richard, 1948-2008
Menotti, Gian Carlo, 1911-2007
Tees Valley Boys' Choir
- Language Note:
- Sung in English (1st-2nd works) and Italian (3rd work).
- Martin's lie -- Five songs: The eternal prisoner ; The idle gift ; The longest wait ; My ghost ; The swing -- Canti della lontananza : Gli amanti impossibili ; Matinata di neve ; Il settimo bicchiere di vino ; Lo spettro ; Dorme Pegaso ; La lettera ; Rassegnazione.
- Related Titles:
- Canti della lontananza
- ["00:43:44", "00:12:53", "00:14:54"]
- The 1st work is a church opera.
Texts by the composer.
Eds. recorded: G. Schirmer.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- In the 1st work: Connor Burrowes, treble ; Pamela Helen Stephen, mezzo-soprano ; Robin Leggate, tenor ; Alan Opie, baritone ; Matthew Best, bass ; Tees Valley Boys' Choir ; Northern Sinfonia ; Richard Hickox, conductor. 2nd work: Leggate ; Malcolm Martineau, piano. 3rd work: Judith Howarth, soprano ; Martineau.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in Jubilee Theatre, St. Nicholas's Hospital, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, Nov. 22-23, 1996 (1st work), and at St. Paul's Church, Knightsbridge, June 28, 1997 (2nd-3rd works).
View MARC record | catkey: 9152669