Music for the theater [electronic resource] / Beethoven, Schubert
- Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- Additional Titles:
- Title from container: Egmont ; Prometheus ; Rosamunde and Title from container back: Incidental music for Goethe's Egmont ; The creatures of Prometheus ; Incidental music for Rosamunde
- [New York] : Vanguard Classics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Davrath, Netania, Reyer, Walter, Abravanel, Maurice, 1903-1993, Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, 1749-1832, Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827, Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827. Selections, Schubert, Franz, 1797-1828, University of Utah. Chorus, and Utah Symphony Orchestra
- Language Note:
- Vocal and spoken sections of 1st work and vocal music of 3rd work in German.
- Egmont : complete (42:56) ; The creatures of Prometheus : highlights (47:36) / Beethoven -- Incidental music for Rosamunde : complete / Schubert (54:00).
- Related Titles:
- Prometheus, Creatures of Prometheus, Rosamunde, and Incidental music for Rosamunde
- Vanguard Classics: OVC 8084--OVC 8085 (on container: OVC 8084/85)., The 1st and 3rd works incidental music for plays; the 1st based on Goethe's tragedy. The 2nd work features highlights from a ballet., "Egmont originally released as VSD 2139 in Feb. 1963; Prometheus originally released as VSD 71124 in Jan. 1965; Rosamunde originally released as VSD 2114 in Sept. 1962"--Insert, p. 16., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Netania Davrath, soprano (1st, 3rd works) ; Walter Reyer, speaker (1st work) ; University of Utah Chorus (3rd work) ; Utah Symphony Orchestra ; Maurice Abravanel, conductor.
View MARC record | catkey: 9154199