The wooden prince [electronic resource] / Bartók
- Opening : Molto moderato (4:19) -- First dance : Dance of the princess in the forest (2:46) -- The prince meets the fairy and sees the princess (2:25) -- Second dance : Dance of the trees (5:07) -- The fairy enchants the stream ; Third dance : Dance of the waves (4:11) -- The prince builds a wooden prince (4:29) -- The princess spies the wooden prince (2:22) -- Fourth dance : Dance of the princess with the wooden prince (5:44) -- The prince is in despair ; The fairy comforts him (5:18) -- Great apotheosis (3:26) -- Fifth dance : The princess prods and encourages the wooden prince to dance (2:57) -- Sixth dance : With an alluring dance, the princess tries to appeal to the prince (1:39) -- Seventh dance : Alarmed, the princess hurries after the prince, but the forest keeps her back (5:00) -- The prince and princess embrace ; Long kiss ; Slow curtain (3:56).
- "Fairy tale ballet"--Container.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra ; Marin Alsop, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in The Concert Hall, Lighthouse, Poole, England, May 9-10, 2007.
View MARC record | catkey: 9158377