Sacred choral works [electronic resource] / Charles Gounod
- Gounod, Charles, 1818-1893
- Uniform Title:
- Vocal music. Selections
- [Baton Rouge, La.] : Centaur, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Burton, Joanna, Webber, Geoffrey, and Gonville and Caius College. Choir
- Language Note:
- Sung in Latin, English, and French.
- O salutaris hostia : in A flat, for soprano solo, choir and organ -- Regina caeli -- Vendredi-Saint -- Missa angeli custodes. Missa angeli custodes. O salutaris hostia : in E flat -- There is a green hill far away / arr. for soprano solo, choir and organ by John E. West -- Ave verum : in E flat for choir and organ -- Miserere mei Deus : for solo quartet, semi-chorus, choir and organ ad lib -- Prière du soire -- Ave Maria / Bach/Gounod ; arr. for soprano and violin solo by Henry Leslie -- D'un coeur qui t'aime : double choir -- O salutaris hostia : in C / arr. for soprano and violin solo, choir and organ by Geoffrey Webber -- Offertorium : for organ solo -- Per sanctissimam virginitatem : for equal voices -- O salutaris hostia : in E flat for equal voices -- Redemption. From thy love as a Father : for soprano solo, choir and organ.
- Texts with English translations & program notes (14 p. : ports.) inserted in container.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Joanna Burton, soprano ; The Choir of Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge ; Geoffrey Webber, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Apr. 11-14, 2005, Chapel of Exeter College, Oxford.
View MARC record | catkey: 9159663