The complete symphonies [electronic resource] / Langgaard
- Langgaard, Rued, 1893-1952
- Uniform Title:
- Copenhagen : Danacord, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Owsinska, Roma, Wolański, Jan, Chmielewski, Tadeusz, Stupel, Ilya, 1949-, Rittershaus, Emil, 1834-1897, Langgaard, Rued, 1893-1952, Łódzka Filharmonia im. A. Rubinsteina, and Chór Filharmonii Łódzkiej
- Language Note:
- Vocal portion of the 1st work of v. 2 sung in German; works in v. 6 sung principally in Danish.
- V. 1. Symphony no. 1 : Klippepastoraler = Rock pastorals (55:03) -- v. 2. Symphony no. 2 : Vaarbrud = Break of spring (28:24) ; Symphony no. 3 : Ungdomsbrus = Rustle of youth (28:03) ; Drapa : Ved Edvard Griegs død = Upon the death of Edvard Grieg (6:24) -- v. 3. Symphony no. 4 : Løvfald = Leaf-fall (25:46) ; Symphony no. 6 : Det Himmelrivende = The Heaven-storming (20:54) ; Interdikt : Ved Christoffer den I's grav i Ribe = At the grave of Christopher I in Ribe (9:19) ; Heltedød = Death of a hero (12:07) -- v. 4. Symphony no. 5 : Steppenatur = Steppelands (18:18) ; Symphony no. 7 : Ved Tordenskjold i Holmens kirke = By Tordenskjold in Holmen's church (18:19) ; Symphony no. 9 : Fra Dronning Dagmars by = From the town of Queen Dagmar (22:32) -- v. 5. Symphony no. 10 : Hin torden-bolig = Yon dwelling of thunder (29:22) ; Symphony no. 11 : Ixion (5:59) ; Symphony no. 12 : Hélsingborg (7:42) ; Sfinx (8:32) -- v. 6. Symphony no. 8 : Minder ved Amalienborg = Memories at Amalienborg (16:42) ; Suite, Symphony no. 14 : Morgenen = The morning (28:20) ; Symphony no. 14 : Søstormen = Storm at sea (13:52) -- v. 7. Forspil til operaen Antikrist = Prelude to Antichrist (10:28) ; Symphony no. 13 : Undertro = Faithlessness (28:03) ; Symphony no. 16 : Syndflo af sol = Deluge of sun (23:32).
- The 4th works of v. 3 and 5 symphonic poems; works in v. 6 for orchestra with chorus; the 3rd work of v. 6 also with bass solo; the 1st work of v. 7 from opera.
The text of the 1st work of v. 2 by Emil Rittershaus
Program and biographical notes, including German text of the 1st work of v. 2 and Danish text of works in v. 6 with English translation inserted in containers.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Artur Rubinstein Philharmonic Orchestra ; Ilya Stupel, conductor ; Roma Owsinska, soprano (1st work (v. 2)) ; Tadeusz Chmielewski, piano (2nd work (v. 2)) ; Artur Rubinstein Philharmonic Choir (v. 6) ; Jan Wolanski, bass (3rd work (v. 6)).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in Lodz, June, 1991-Aug. 1992.
View MARC record | catkey: 9159945