"An enchanted being, salty waters, and infinite stones--" [electronic resource] / music of Ileana Perez Velázquez
- Pérez-Velázquez, Ileana, 1964-
- Uniform Title:
- Instrumental music. Selections
- Albany, NY : Albany Records, [2008?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Granados, Mickaele, Malkova, Julia, Pinkas, Sally, Parke, Nathaniel, Matos, Iliana, Flux Quartet, Ensemble Portique, and Williams Chamber Players
- Duendes alados = Winged goblins (13:13) -- Wild wisteria (10:34) -- Encantamiento = Enchantment (5:49) -- Entre la ternura y el intenso azul = Between tenderness and an intense blue (10:21) -- Our sacred space (7:05) -- Cipres, sueño de todo angel verde = Cypress, dream of every green angel (9:46) -- Un ser encantado, aguas saladas, y piedras infinitas = An enchanted being, salty waters, and infinite stones (11:06).
- The 1st work for 2 violins, viola, and violoncello; the 2nd work for harp and viola; the 3rd work for piano; the 4th work for violoncello; the 5th work for guitar; the 6th work for flute, violin, guitar, and violoncello; the 7th work for 2 pianos and 2 percussion., Includes program notes in English by Steven Bodner on insert., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Mickaele Granados, harp (2nd work), Julia Malkova, viola (2nd work) ; Sally Pinkas, piano (3rd work) ; Nathaniel Parke, violoncello (4th work) ; Iliana Matos, guitar (5th work) ; Flux Quartet (1st work) ; L'Ensemble Portique (6th work) ; Williams Chamber Players (7th work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- The 1st, 4th, 5th, and 7th works recorded at Williams College in Nov. 2002, June 2004, and May 2005; the 2nd work recorded at Infinity Studio, Madrid, Spain, June 2004; the 3rd work recorded at the Hopkins Center of Dartmouth College, May 2, 2003; the 6th work recorded at Dream Studios, Milwaukee, Feb. 2003.
View MARC record | catkey: 9161923