Starry night [electronic resource] : for string orchestra / John Carollo
- Carollo, John A., 1954-
- Uniform Title:
- Instrumental music. Selections
- North Hampton, N.H. : Navona Records, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Muzik, Vit, Pavlik, Marian, Kaucká, Lucie, Janecek, Ales, Vronský, Petr, Carollo, John A., 1954-, Brno Saxophone Quartet, and Moravská filharmonie
- Starry night : for string orchestra -- Anguish in every household : for orchestra -- Quartet no. 1 : A worded grey enigma -- Moravian sax in the afternoon : for sax quartet -- Transcendance in the age of war : for concert band -- Nothing shall come of this : for string orchestra.
- Distributed by Naxos America.
The 3rd work for piano, clarinet, violin, and violoncello.
Biographical notes on composer in English on container. Additional program notes, biographical notes, scores, and other accompanying materials included as interactive multimedia contents in the enhanced portion of the disc.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- In the 3rd work: Vit Muzik, violin ; Marian Pavlik, violoncello ; Lucie Kaucka, piano ; Ales Janecek, clarinet. In the 4th work: Brno saxophone quartet (Jan Svoboda, alto ; Lubor Pokluda, baritone ; Jiri Sedlacek, tenor ; Antonin, soprano). In the 1st-2nd and 6th works: Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra. In the 1st-2nd works: Petr Vronsky, conductor. In the 6th work: Jan Kučera, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded July 2010 in Olomouoc, Czech Republic.
View MARC record | catkey: 9165415