John Beckwith [electronic resource].
- Beckwith, John
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- Toronto : Centrediscs, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Atwood, Margaret, 1939-, Laurence, Margaret, Cornfield, Eitan, and Beckwith, John
- CD 1 : Beckwith documentary / produced and prepared by Eitan Cornfield (54:37) -- CD 2. The trumpets of summer (Mary Morrison, soprano ; Patricia Rideout, contralto ; Donald Bartle, tenor ; Alexander Gray, baritone ; Harold Burke, speaker ; Robert Aitken, flute ; Norman Tobias, bassoon, Joseph Umbrico, trumpet ; Donald Wherry, percussion ; Judy Loman, harp ; Ronald Laurie, violoncello ; Festival Singers of Canada ; Elmer Iseler, conductor) (33:45) ; Taking a stand (Canadian Brass) (12:13) ; Synthetic trios (Therese Costes, soprano ; Connie Gitlin, clarinet ; Delores Kay-Hee, piano) (18:12) ; Stacey (Monica Whicher, soprano ; Stephen Ralls, piano) (13:42).
- ["00:54:37", "00:33:45", "00:12:13", "00:18:12", "00:13:42"]
- Text of 1st work (CD 2) by Margaret Atwood and of 4th work by Margaret Laurence.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Various performers and vocalists and Canadian Brass (2nd work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at Hallmark Studios, Toronto, 20-22 Feb. 1969 (1st work), live at Rebecca Cohn Auditorium, Dalhousie University, Halifax, 9 Dec. 1973 (2nd work), live at Eva Clare Hall, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, 9 May 1991 (3rd work), and live at Walter Hall, University of Toronto, 1 Feb. 1998.
View MARC record | catkey: 9165699