Glass bead [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Alabama Wind Ensemble
- Albany, NY : Albany Records, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Snead, Charles, Molina, Osiris J., Whitaker, Jonathan, 1974-, Ozzello, Kenneth, Coleman, Randall, Beckel, Jim, Hesse, Hermann, 1877-1962, McAllister, Scott, Maslanka, David, 1943-, and Led Zeppelin (Musical group)
- The glass bead game : (1997). The call & awakening ; Father Jacob ; Magister Ludi coronation and march / James A. Beckel, Jr. (20:59) -- Black dog : (2003) / Scott McAlister (11:21) -- Concerto for trombone and wind ensemble (2007) / David Maslanka (37:03).
- ["00:20:59", "00:11:21", "00:37:03"]
- The 1st work originally for horn and orchestra, arr. by the composer for horn and wind ensemble; the 2nd work for clarinet and wind ensemble., The 1st work "loosely based on the Hermann Hesse novel of the same name"; the 2nd work "inspired by classic hard rock music, particularly Led Zeppelin's ... song Black dog"--Insert, p. ., Eds. recorded: H. Leonard (1st work); Lydmusic (2nd work); C. Fischer (3rd work)., Program and biographical notes ( p. : ill., ports.) inserted in container., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Charles Snead, horn (1st work) ; Osiris J. Molina, clarinet (2nd work) ; Jonathan Whitaker, trombone (3rd work) ; Alabama Wind Ensemble ; Kenneth Ozzelo (1st, 3rd works), Randall Coleman (2nd work), conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.
View MARC record | catkey: 9166764