Nouveaux "Brandenbourgeois" [electronic resource] / J. S. Bach, reconstruction, Bruce Haynes
- Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750
- Uniform Title:
- Cantatas. Selections; arranged
- Quebec : Atma Classique, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Haynes, Bruce, 1942-2011, Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750, and Montréal baroque (Musical group)
- Concerto Brandenbourgeois no. 7 (8:22) -- Concerto Brandenbourgeois no. 8 (11:05) -- Concerto Brandenbourgeois no. 9 (6:29) -- Concerto Brandenbourgeois no. 10 (12:06) -- Concerto Brandenbourgeois no. 11 (14:32) -- Concerto Brandenbourgeois no. 12 (10:37).
- Instrumental arrangements of (predominantly) Cantata movements for instrumental ensemble to imitate Bach's Brandenburg Concertos and suggest lost instrumental works., "The order of this new set of concertos is inspired by Bach's highly colourful and creative sequence of orchestrations of the Brandenburgs. Our new concertos are speculative trials to demonstrate the possibilities of instrumental treatment of Bach's rich fund of musical inventions contained in the cantatas and other vocal works." -- Bruce Haynes -- on container., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Bande Montréal Baroque, Eric Milnes, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at Église Saint-Augustin, Mirabel (Quebec), Canada, June 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 9170127