Songs for the Front [electronic resource] / Shostakovich
- Language Note:
- Sung in Russian.
- La pastorella dell'Alpi : Tyrolean Ländler / Gioacchino Rossini -- Scottish drinking song from Twenty five Scottish songs for voice and piano trio, op. 108 / Ludwig van Beethoven -- Habañera : from the opera Carmen / Georges Bizet -- Maman, dîtes-moi : pastorale / Jean-Baptiste Weckerlihn -- Arlecchino's serenade : from the opera Pagliacci / Ruggero Leoncavallo (Gopak / Modest Musorgsky -- Khivrya's song : from the opera Sorochintsy fair / Modest Musorgsky -- Parasya's dumka : from the opera Sorochintsy fair / Modest Musorgsky -- Song of the Varangian guest : from the opera Sadko / Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov -- I shall tell Mama / Alexander Gurilyov -- Thelittle Saragan / Alexander Gurilyov -- I sit on a rock / Mikhail Ippolitov-Ivanov -- Duet of Karas and Odarka : from the opera A cossack beyond the Danube / Semyon Gulak-Artemovsky -- Fever : likhoradushka : Russian folksong / Alexander Dargomyzhsky -- Grenada clothed in mist / Alexander Dargomyzhsky -- On our street : Plga's song from the opera Rusalka / Alexander Dargomyzhsky -- Comic song : from the unfinished opera Rogdana / Alexander Darb9omyzhsky -- Gypsy song / Alexey Verstovsky -- Girl's song / David Pritzker -- Anyuta's song : from the film The merry fellows / Isaak Dunaevsky -- Oh, how great! : march of the Pioneers from the film The Beethoven concerto / Isaak Dunaevsky -- Sing for us, wind : from the film The children of Captain Grant / Isaak Dunaevsky -- Song of the sea / Isaak Dunaevsky -- Farewell / Dmitry Pokrass -- Those aer not storm clouds : from the film Songs of a working people / Daniil Pokrass -- Do not touch us : from the film Mitka-Lelyuk / Yuri Milyutin -- Shchor's song / Matvei Blanter.
- Arrangements for voice with violin and violoncello by Shostakovich of 27 songs or opera excerpts and performed for soldiers at the front during the siege of Leningrad.
Notes in English and texts in Russian with English translations (39 p.), inserted.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Soloists of the Russkaya Conservatoria Chamber Capella.; Nikolay Khondzinsky, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Jan. 4, Feb., 24, and April 18, 2010, St. Tikhon's Orthodox Unviersity Moscow.
View MARC record | catkey: 9170794