Growing up with HIV in Zimbabwe : one day this will all be over / Ross Parsons
- Parsons, Ross
- Suffolk, GB : James Currey ; Harare, Zimbabwe : Weaver Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 197 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- Growing up with HIV in urban, eastern Zimbabwe -- 2.In this vale of tears -- An ethnography of suffering and sorrow -- 3.Who cares? -- Family, kin and other forms of caring -- 4.Visible secrets -- Illnesses, exposure and disclosure -- 5.If I had faith -- Churches, spirits and healing -- 6.One day this will all be over -- Dying, death and grief -- 7.The heart remains.
- "Zimbabwe stands at the epicentre of the global HIV epidemic. Families are severely depleted by death and migration. HIV infection is often lived in secrecy despite obvious physical manifestations. This study seeks to describe the specificity of the Zimbabwean context as it affects the lives of HIV-positive children in the eastern town of Mutare at a time of severe crisis in the state, marked by impoverishment, organised violence and mass death." -- Book jacket.
- 9781847010483 (James Curry cloth)
1847010482 (James Curry cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 182-197).
View MARC record | catkey: 9172919