Inside rehab : the surprising truth about addiction treatment--and how to get help that works / Anne M. Fletcher
- Fletcher, Anne M.
- New York, New York : Viking, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 429 pages ; 24 cm
- What's wrong with addiction treatment? What will help -- Rehab nation : the questions and the issues -- Going inside : what it's like to be in rehab -- The cost of rehab : from the wallet to the heart -- Getting the best for your buck : what addiction treatment should look like -- Rehab isn't for everyone : in fact, it's not for most people -- One size doesn't fit all : how cookie-cutter approaches at rehab get in the way -- When it comes to rehab, teens are not just little adults : more questions than answers? -- When it's not "just" a drug and alcohol problem : from depression to sex addiction -- Helping people stay the course : on using in rehab, repeat visits, "success, " and improving the odds -- Getting what you need : advice from the pros and a look at "dream" treatment models -- Appendix. A consumer checklist for checking out rehabs.
- An insider's view of America's drug and alcohol rehab industry explores its strengths and weaknesses while revealing a disturbing gap between best practice and reality.
- 9780670025220 (trade) and 0670025224 (trade)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 411-416) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9176299