Mineralogy for petrologists : optics, chemistry, and occurrences of rock-forming minerals / Michel Demange
- Demange, Michel, 1946-2012
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 201 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Rocks and minerals -- Observations with the petrographic microscope -- Systematic mineralogy.
- "This book provides a categorized and visualized overview and presents microscopic observations, systematic mineralogy, chemistry, geology, stability, paragenesis, occurrence and use in petrology of 137 minerals. Structural formula calculations are included in the appendix. Consists of a set of book and CD-ROM for students and practically-oriented researchers and professionals in geology, geological, mining, and mineral resources engineering who need a reference of mineralogy, applied to petrology.The CD-ROM contains 384 color plates with mineral microscopic visuals under various circumstances"--
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -182) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9179828